Yes, the title of this article is merely rhetorical. We all know why churches and pro-life organizations are suddenly being targeted by pro-abortion radicals on the left.
Obviously, the leaked Alito draft opinion in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization that purports to overturn Roe v. Wade, first reported by Politico on May 2, has stirred up quite the reaction.
The Christian Post has put together a sobering roundup of the damage and destruction done across the country since the leak.
Besides the fire-bombing of the offices of Wisconsin Family Action, which The Daily Citizen has previously reported on, the sudden spate of mayhem includes:
- The Salem, Oregon, offices of Oregon Right to Life were attacked on May 8 using incendiary devices, one of which caught the building on fire. Thanks to the quick response of fire fighters, damage was kept to a minimum.
- Holy Rosary Church in Houston, Texas, was spray-painted with the words “Pro-choice is Pro-life!”
- Bartholomew the Apostle Catholic Church in Katy, Texas reported their tabernacle was stolen on May 8. It was later found at a Burger King.
- First Care Women’s Health, a pro-life pregnancy center in Manassas, Virginia, was vandalized with spray-painted messages like “Abortion is a Right.”
- Loreto House, a pregnancy resource center in Denton, Texas, was vandalized. Its roadside sign and front door were spray-painted with the words, “Not a clinic,” apparently referring to the fact that no abortions were performed there. The perpetrator(s) also added “Forced Birth is Murder.”
- The Alexandria, Virginia office of Concerned Women for America was vandalized by an unknown male who urinated on the doors and windows of the facility and offered his middle finger to the building’s security cameras.
- On May 7, St. John XXIII Catholic Parish in Fort Collins, Colorado suffered broken windows and the phrase “My Body My Choice” painted on the church doors.
- Joseph’s Church in Armada, Michigan, was also vandalized with spray paint on May 5.
- Sacred Heart of Mary Church in Boulder, Colorado, which has been targeted before for its pro-life views and programs, was vandalized on May 5 with spray painted phrases such as “My Body My Choice,” as well as broken windows and defaced statues.
The spate of vandalism may, at first glance, appear odd, since the object of the left’s ire at the moment seems to be the Supreme Court. And indeed, we’ve seen protests both at the Supreme Court as well as the private homes of several of the justices since the Alito draft went public on May 2.
As Christians, however, we realize that the issue of abortion and the humanity of the preborn is more than a legal and constitutional issue; it is a moral one. We know that God forms us in the womb (Psalm 139:13-15) and knows who we are (Jeremiah 1:4).
Deep down, the left also understands that the issue is a moral one, which is why we see their anger and reactions directed against churches and pro-life organizations run by people of faith.
Pray for these people and continue to pray for the overturning of Roe v. Wade in the upcoming Dobbs decision.
“For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 6:12 ESV)
Photo from Twitter.