It’s a well-known fact that the media despises former President Donald Trump and loves newly sworn-in President Joe Biden. The bias from so-called objective journalists was on full display during Biden’s inauguration on Wednesday.
Tucker Carlson recounted some of the media’s most ebullient talking points in a montage he played on his show Wednesday night. Here are those remarks, plus several additional gushing stories featured from other news outlets.
- CNN: “Joe Biden respects government. He respects people who disagree with him. He listens to them.”
- CNN: “I think that Joe Biden is going to train us to see the world differently.”
- ABC: “He plans to usher in a new era of hope. And the action he’s promising the minute he takes office.”
- MSNBC: “We’ve gone from indecency to decency.”
- MSNBC: “He filled that empathy void.”
- CNN: “There wasn’t one part of that that wasn’t just medicine in the wound.”
- CNN: “Those lights that are just shooting out from the Lincoln Memorial along the reflecting pool, it’s like almost extensions of Joe Biden’s arms embracing America. It was a moment where the new president came to town.”
Of course, the media’s high praise would not have been complete without an article from The New York Times detailing Joe Biden’s morning workout routine.
- The New York Times: “When Biden was cloistered during the coronavirus surge this spring, The New York Times reported that he began each day ‘with a workout in an upstairs gym that contains a Peloton bike, weights and a treadmill.’ The Biden team did not respond to requests for comment, but a person close to the president-elect said that Mr. Biden and his wife, Jill Biden, engage in regular morning negotiations over who gets to ride first.
The new president “engages in regular morning negotiations” with his wife over who gets to exercise first. Interesting. If the article had been about President Trump, it would have discussed how inane he was for not just buying a second bike.
- The Washington Post: “A Bible, a ‘unity’ mask, a photo: Biden’s first hours.”
The headline could have been made better with just this one addition to the beginning: “Dear Diary…”
- The Washington Post: “For Joe Biden, life and destiny converge to offer a new challenge.”
According to The Washington Post, being president is not just Biden’s new job. No. It is his “destiny.”
Now remember, the effusive praise of Joe Biden, evidenced by the ten examples above, was not from the media’s opinion sections. Instead, they were all presented as “objective news.”
President Biden’s first three days in office have been wonderful, according to the so-called mainstream news outlets. Contrast this with the media’s coverage of President Trump.
As The Daily Citizen previously recounted, “The Harvard Kennedy School’s Shorenstein Center conducted a study which measured the media’s coverage of the Trump Administration’s first 100 days in office… In Trump’s first 100 days, ‘CNN and NBC’s coverage was the most unrelenting—negative stories about Trump outpaced positive ones by 13-to-1 on the two networks. Trump’s coverage on CBS also exceeded the 90 percent mark. Trump’s coverage exceeded the 80 percent level in The New York Times (87 percent negative) and The Washington Post (83 percent negative). The Wall Street Journal came in below that level (70 percent negative).’”
You can follow this author on Parler @ZacharyMettler
Photo from Chris Kleponis/CNP/startraksphot/REUTERS